Confidence is always a main topic of discussion with my clients. Regardless of who’s sitting in front of me is, there is always a common denominator between how good that person’ s life is and how confident they are. Some of my clients seem afraid of confidence because they confuse it with cockiness, but the two couldn’t be more different. Let me share with you the difference between the two:
- A cocky person is boastful while a confident person is humble.
- A cocky person has a low self-esteem and a confident person has a high self-esteem.
- A cocky person is a show-off while a confident person has no need for showmanship.
- A confident person has a healthy self-respect for himself. A cocky person doesn’t.
- A confident person has nothing to hide while a cocky person has everything to hide.
- People envy confidence but despise cockiness.
Remember, confidence is a good thing. It means that you have a healthy self-respect for yourself, and your actions are inspirational to others. I hope these tips were helpful and remember, the next time you come across a cocky person, understand that the person is actually suffering inside. And the next time you come across a confident person, don’t be jealous be envious.